Llewellyn Road OS Lugs model Custodian in Mild Steel
- Seat 73º
- Top Head 73º
- Bottom Head 60º
To be used with tube diameters:
- DT: 31.7mm
- TT: 28.6mm ST: 28.6mm
- HT 31.8mm
This is the most traditional of the Llewellyn lugs. The lugs are tight and will require cleaning and clearance to be used and brazed.Here are designer Darrell McCulloch's ideas about the design of these lugs:
"There are many OS lug sets on the market, and I was using many other brands of lugs before I designed the Custodian set. However, there were issues in each of these lug sets that I wanted to avoid in my style of frame building. Therefore, the Llewellyn Custodian lug set has many important features and versatility the other designs can lack.'
This lug set had to have all the desired features such as:
- Accommodation for a stainless steel M6 cap head seat binder bolt (which is the strongest and readily available),
- Keyhole slot with a shape to avoid damaging carbon seat posts,
- Cast M5 gear with spring counter bore bosses on the DT lug to keep the paint tidy,
- Lots of seat tube skirt to allow the builder to trim to fit their desired seat stay attachment style.
- Lots of stack height on the top head lug that can be trimmed to suit the required frame design.